Positions: Head of the Surgery Department, Head of the Colorectal Surgery Center at the Hadassah University Hospital.
Experience: 30 years
Areas of Expertise and Treatment
- reduction of all types of hernias;
- resection of the gallbladder.
Colorectal surgery: treatment of fecal incontinence and constipation
- rectal and bowel surgery;
- removal of tumors of the gastrointestinal tract.
1987 – Graduated from the Medical Faculty of the Hebrew University (Jerusalem, Israel).
- 1993-6 – specialization in general surgery at the Hadassah University Hospital (Jerusalem, Israel).
- 1996-7 – specialization in general surgery at Mount Sinai Medical Center (New York, USA).
- 1997-8 – Chief Resident of the Surgery Department at the Hadassah University Hospital.
- 1998-2000 – specialization in colorectal surgery and research work at the Cleveland Clinic (Florida, USA).
AWARDS AND HONORS:
- 2019-20 – was included in the list “The Best Doctors of Israel” published annually by FORBES magazine.
- In Israel prof. Pikarsky became a pioneer in artificial anal sphincter implantation for fecal incontinence and surgical treatment of obstructed defecation using the STARR method.
- The Israeli Association of Surgeons
- The Israeli Association of Colorectal Surgery
- The Israeli Association of Laparoscopic Surgery
- The American Association of Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgery (SAGES)
- The International Association of Colorectal Surgery
head of the department
Total experience of 30 years
Sign up for a consultation