Positions: Head of the Vascular Surgery Department, Hadassah University Hospital.
Experience: 33 years
Areas of Expertise and Treatment
Vascular (endovascular) surgery:
- treatment of blood vessels narrowing, including the carotid arteries;
- treatment of thoracic and abdominal aorta aneurysms;
- stenting and shunting of blood vessels of the legs in diabetic patients in order to preserve the limb;
- complex surgeries on large blood vessels;
- installation of the latest stents in peripheral arteries.
1982 – Graduated from the Medical Faculty of the Technicon Institute (Haifa, Israel).
- 1983 – specialization and research work in cardiovascular surgery and intensive care at Erasmus Rotterdam University. (Rotterdam, Netherlands).
- 1983-9 – specialization in general and vascular surgery at the Rambam Medical Center (Haifa, Israel).
- 1983-9 – specialization in general and vascular surgery at the University of Colorado Medical Center (Fort Collins, Colorado, USA), Mayo Clinic, USA, La Jolla Memorial Clinic (California, USA) and Medizinische Hochschule (Hannover, Germany).
- 1990-93 – Leading Specialist at the Health Science Center (Winnipeg, Canada).
- 1993-2017 – Head of the Endovascular Surgery Department at the Carmel Medical Center (Haifa, Israel).
- Since 2017 – Head of the Vascular Surgery Department at the Hadassah University Hospital.
- 1993 – founded the Vascular Surgery Department at the Carmel Hospital (Haifa, Israel) and then headed it for 24 years.
- 2019 – performed a unique vein transplant operation from a living donor.
- The Israeli Association of Endovascular Surgery
- The International Association of Endovascular Surgery
head of the department
Total experience of 33 years
Sign up for a consultation