Positions: Head of the Corneal Treatment, Outer Lining of the Eye Diseases and Refractive Abnormalities Center, Hadassah University Hospital.
Experience: 39 years
Areas of Expertise and Treatment
- corneal surgery;
- laser vision correction;
1973 – Graduated from the Medical Faculty of the Hebrew University (Jerusalem, Israel).
- 1979-84 – specialization in ophthalmology at the Hadassah University Hospital (Jerusalem, Israel).
- 1984-6 – Consultant in ophthalmology at the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare of the Republic of Liberia (West Africa), Leading Specialist of the Ophthalmology Department, John F. Kennedy Hospital. (Monrovia, Republic of Liberia), Head of Ophthalmology Departments at Nimba County and Bomi County Hospitals.
- 1987-8 – Specialization in Corneal Surgery at the University of California, San Diego (USA).
- Since 1989 – Head of the Corneal Treatment Center at the Hadassah University Hospital, founded by the professor in the same year.
- 1995 – founded a laser vision correction center at the Hadassah University Hospital.
- Since 1996 – Head of the department of the corneal treatment, diseases of the outer membrane of the eye and refractive abnormalities at the Hadassah University Hospital.
- Since 1998 – Head of the Refractive Surgery Unit.
AWARDS AND HONORS:
- 2019-20 – entered the ranking “The Best Doctors of Israel”, published annually by FORBES magazine.
- A pioneer in crosslinking and keratoconus in the world and in Israel.
- A pioneer in stem cell transplantation in the treatment of corneal diseases.
- For 16 years he headed the department of surgical treatment of refractive abnormalities.
- For 6 years he was the chairman of the Israeli Retinal Association.
- For 3 years he was the medical director of the Hadassah Optimal Eye Institute.
- The Israeli Association of Ophthalmology
- The Israeli Retinal Association
- The Israeli Corneal Treatment Association
- The International Association of Ophthalmology
head of the department
Total experience of 39 years
Sign up for a consultation