Positions: Leading neurosurgeon at the Hadassah University Hospital.
Experience: 47 years
Areas of Expertise and Treatment
- surgical treatment of brain tumors;
- skull base surgery;
- removal of pituitary tumors;
- surgery on the blood vessels of the brain;
- trigeminal neuralgia.
1973 — Graduated from the University of Melbourne, School of Medicine (Australia).
- 1974-5 — specialization in neurosurgery at Oxford University (London, UK).
- 1976 — research work at the Neurological Institute (London, UK).
- 1977-1982 — specialization in neurosurgery at the Royal Hospital Melbourne (Australia), Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne (Australia) and the Cleveland Clinic (Ohio, USA).
- 1983-97 — Leading neurosurgeon at Royal Melbourne Hospital (Australia) and researcher in neuro-oncology at the Ludwig Institute of Cancer Research (USA).
- Since 1997 — Head of the Department of Neurosurgery, Royal Melbourne Hospital.
- 2010-12 — Chairman of the Neurosurgical Service of the South Island of New Zealand.
- Since 2020 — a leading neurosurgeon at the Hadassah University Hospital.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- 2003 — Ronald Bittner Award of the American Association of Neurosurgeons for his contribution to the development of brain tumors treatment.
- 2010 — Medal of Honor of the International Federation of Neurosurgical Societies for his contribution to the development of neurosurgery.
- The Australian Association of Neurosurgeons
- The American Association of Neurosurgeons
- The Israeli Association of Neurosurgeons
- The International Federation of Neurosurgical Societies
Total experience of 47 years
Sign up for a consultation