Positions: Head of the Familial Mediterranean fever (FMF) Center, Hadassah University Hospital.
Experience: 40 years
Areas of Expertise and Treatment
- all systemic diseases;
- periodic illness (Mediterranean familial fever).
1984 – Graduated from the Medical Faculty of the Hebrew University (Jerusalem, Israel).
- 1985-6 – specialization in internal medicine at the Hadassah University Hospital (Jerusalem, Israel).
- 1986-8 – specialization in rheumatology and immunology at the Scripps Clinic (San Diego, USA) and research work in the pathophysiology of autoimmune diseases, in particular: systemic lupus erythematosus and immune-dependent congenital heart block, at the Scripps Research Center (San Diego, USA).
- 1996 – specialization and research work at the Oklahoma Medical Research Center.
- 2004 – specialization and research work at the Biochemistry Department, Stanford University (USA).
- Since 2009-17 – Head of the Rheumatology Department and the Center of the Periodic Disease Treatment at the Hadassah University Hospital.
- 2010 – specialization and research work at McGill University (Montreal, Canada).
- 2016 – specialization and research work at the Gaslini Children Hospital (Genoa, Italy), the University of Genoa and the Tropical Medicine Clinic at the University of Heidelberg (Germany).
- Visiting professor at the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation (1996), Stanford University (2004) and McGill University (2010).
- The Israeli Association of Rheumatology
- The International Association of Rheumatology
head of the department
Total experience of 40 years
Sign up for a consultation