Positions: Head of the Multiple Sclerosis Center at the Hadassah University Hospital.
Experience: 20 years
Areas of Expertise and Treatment
- Multiple sclerosis
- Research in stem cell application
- 1986 — Graduated from the Faculty of Medicine of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece).
- 1993 — PhD in neuroimmunology and neurobiology at the Hadassah University Hospital and the Weizmann Institute of Science (Rehovot, Israel).
- 1990–1995 — Specialization in neurology at the Hadassah University Hospital (Jerusalem, Israel).
- Since 1995 — Senior expert of the Neurology Department at the Hadassah University Hospital.
- Since 2007 — Head of the Multiple Sclerosis Center at the Hadassah University Hospital.
- Since 2010 — Chairman of the Israeli Society of Neuroimmunology.
- Since 2015 — Head of the Neuroimmunology and Cell Therapy Department at the Hadassah University Hospital.
AWARDS AND HONORS:
- 1990, 1998 — the Lillian Niederman Shapiro award for contribution to the research of multiple sclerosis and implementation of novel treatment methods.
- 1992, 1993 — the Award of the Israeli Foundation and European Congress for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis.
- 2019–2020 — was included in the list «Best Doctors in Israel» published annually by FORBES magazine.
- The Israeli Neurology Association
- The Israeli Society of Neuroimmunology
- The International Association of Neurology
- The European Society of Neuroimmunology
- The American Neurology Association (ANA)
English, Hebrew, Greek.
director of the Center for the Study of Multiple Sclerosis
Total experience of 20 years
Sign up for a consultation